Sunday 13 November 2016

Retro Game Pixel Art vs Real World Mashup


Many months ago I found a picture on the internet that I thought was really cool. It mixed video game pixel graphics with a real world photograph. After further research I discovered it wasn't a one-off but rather a series of pictures under the title of  Real Bits by a fella called Victor Sauron.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, his pics inspired me so much that I decided to have a bash myself, even though I know next to nothing about Photoshop, because I noticed there was a distinct lack of ZX Spectrum games being used. I had to rectify this as best as I could. My efforts are no where near as good as Victor's, I'm not an artist by any stretch, there's no shadows, proper depth or fancy 3D or blur effects going on, but I'm still quite proud of what I've knocked up and whenever I get the chance I'll be doing more. It's just so great to see your favourite retro games brought into the real world. Hence the title I like to give them from a very famous video game movie.....

"Meanwhile... In the real world"

Jetpac

Manic Miner

Horace Goes Skiing

Sabre Wulf

Scuba Dive

No comments:

Post a Comment